Countdown to Ximena's 1st Birthday!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 19

Phew up to date finally lol! Today I had my 2 week post op appointment. I lost 10 lbs from my last appointment a week ago. My swelling in my feet has gone down finally and I have ankles for the first time since I can remember! I didn't really have ankles the entire last trimester of my pregnancy. Its amazing how good I feel considering I just had surgery 2 weeks ago. My pregnancy was definitely classified as "difficult" in my book so recovery from having Ximena has been soooo much easier! I am tired from taking care of a newborn but I can finally sleep and my feet don't burn everyday its awesome!!!!! Ximena also had an appointment with Dr. Lyon today (her pediatrician) to check up on her from throwing up yesterday. He said her lungs sound clear and just to put one drop of saline drops in her nose to help break down the mucus. I told him the nose sucker thing always makes me nervous he said I didn't need to suction her nose just put one drop in periodically to help her break down the boogies in her nose. I did that when I got home and she definitely was not thrilled about it! She quickly recovered though after I nursed her. :) This morning when I was talking to her in bed after I changed her she smiled a huge smile for me it was so sweet! Its amazing how different every child is because I don't remember Mila or Tyler smiling this young at me! When she's alert she really listens when I'm talking to her and her facial expressions are so adorable!!!!I know the books say that they don't start smiling for real until the end of month two... but she definitely has smiled at me. Granted its not every time it really makes it special when she does... makes me feel loved! Makes all those difficult times during her pregnancy worthwhile. I love her :)
I love this outfit :) Ximena 3/29/10 sleeping on mommy and daddy's bed her favorite place! :)

No comments: